General Ticketing and Labeling Requirements
- The Neiman Marcus Group follows the FTC guidelines. Please visit www.ftc.gov for a full detailed listing of the proper merchandise labeling.
- All vendors must label all merchandise with the following items:
- Country of origin
- Manufacturer style number
- Color (when ordered by color)
- Size (when ordered by size)
- Country of Origin
- Garments with a neck opening - country of origin must be disclosed on the front of a label attached to the inside center of the neck – either midway between the shoulder seams or very near another label attached to the inside center of the neck.
- Garments without a neck - country of origin must appear on a conspicuous and readily accessible label on the inside or outside of the product.
- Other textile products - country of origin must appear on a conspicuous and readily accessible label on the inside or outside of the product.
- Fabric content and care instructions
- Apparel merchandise must be labeled with fabric content and care instructions. Extra buttons and yarn must be in a concealed location on the garment. This location can be behind the vendor UPC ticket as long as the packets or care ticket is no larger than the vendor’s UPC ticket.
- All merchandise packed in bubble wrap or plastic must also have the vendor style number stated on the outside of the bubble wrap or plastic in addition to the merchandise itself.
- Safety pins must never be used on any merchandise shipped to The Neiman Marcus Group.
- Fur labeling
- Please reference details here: Fur Labeling Act
Pre-Ticketing Guidelines and Instructions
The Pre-Ticket program is one which we provide The Neiman Marcus or Bergdorf Goodman price tickets to our vendors. We ask that the vendors attach the tickets to their merchandise prior to shipping. The preticketing of merchandise will enable The Neiman Marcus Group to expedite shipments through the distribution centers.
Price tickets are printed after our buyers have approved the purchase order. At no expense to the vendor, price tickets will be shipped to your location within 48 hours of purchase order approval date.
General instructions are found in a "Welcome Packet" and will guide you through the process of pre-ticketing.
If you are interested in joining the pre-ticket program, please contact us at 903-233-5508 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticket Placement Guidelines
VENDOR AND NEIMAN MARCUS TICKETS
|Women’s Apparel Merchandise|
|Pants, Shorts, & Skirts||Attach left outside seam at waist; fine fabrics attach through vendor label|
|Dresses-Shirts, Jackets, Blazers||Attach through the vendor label in the back of the neck|
|Lingerie - Bra's, Panties, Camisoles, Socks, Hosiery||Non-Packaged-through vendor label;Packaged-bottom right corner on back|
|Leather – Suede, Coats, Outerwear||Attach through the vendor label in the back of the neck|
|Robes & Pajamas||Attach through the vendor label in the back of the neck|
|Swim wear||Left side on inseam of the armhole on a one piece|
|Left side on the top of a two piece|
|Jeans, Pants, Shorts||Attach outside seam at waist on left side|
|Dress Slacks||Attach inside the pant through the vendor label|
|Hanging Shirts||Attach through the vendor label in the back of the neck|
|Sport Shirts – Casual||Attach through the vendor label in the back of the neck|
|Folded Dress Shirts||On inseam under front placket at the 5th button|
|Suits, Sport Coats, Overcoats||Under the left shoulder lapel, hidden at the seam|
|Outerwear - Leather or Suede||Attach through the vendor label in the back of the neck|
|Small Leather Goods - Wallets, Clutch, Credit Card Cases||Drop inside of every piece|
|Belts||Attach ticket through the farthest hole from tip|
|Ties||Attach to vendor label inside of tie|
|Sunglasses||Attach to left hinge of sunglass arm|
|Shawls, Capes, Scarves, Hats||Attach to the vendor label|
Please utilize the marking standards manual attached below for specific merchandise categories.